The role of Structural Design Manager is to manage the civil and structural team, formulate design and delivery schedule, ensure timely delivery, professionally coordinate with other design disciplines and CMED departments, and to ensure safety, integrity and adequacy of design to fulfil international design codes and CMED standards on all projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and give direction to Structural Senior Designer/Engineer, and Structural Designer/Engineer, and all Structural Design Group members.
• Preparing reports, design, specification and drawings.
• Lead the Structural Design and relevant building authority submission process and to ensure approval is obtained in timely manner.
• To Inspect and assess building structural design, properties, condition and relevant documents where applicable on project and project tender basis.
• Involve in the Soil Investigation and Site Survey of build sites to determine the suitability of the earth for the requirements of the upcoming project.
• Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure.
• Co-ordinate and consult with other members of the projects, including Engineers, Environmental Specialists, Architects, and Landscape Architects.
• Analyse configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure.
• Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes.
• Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
• Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures in compliance to CMED and building authority requirement and standards.
• Liaise with CMED Project team and Structural contractors to ensure erection of building structure is fully implemented as per design construction and shop drawings. Regular site visits will be required for inspections, site meetings and other relevant matters during construction phase.
• Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction.
• Where applicable, liaise with government authorities in their own inspections relating to the project.
• Must be versatile and experienced in designing various typology of building structures.
• Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Architectural Structural Design required.
• Proven track record with minimum 10 year experience in Civil and Structure Consultancy and/or Building and Construction Industry.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Be confident, assertive and independent.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
• Good team player.
• Relationship building and people management skill.
• Good interpersonal skill in English and other languages (Mandarin, Japanese and Khmer) are desirable.
• Thorough understanding in civil and structural design codes and standards in Singapore, and/or Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Malaysia, etc.
• Computer skills: Various structural loading analysis programs, MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, and Sketchup.
• Understand CMEDCC Management philosophy.
Salaries and Benefits:
||In keeping with CMEDCC’s CSR policy we are providing allowances for:
accommodation, transportation and communications.